RIVIA’s own Dr. Dana Wang talked with Jessica Moore at CBS NY Ch.2 about how the current climate is affecting the mental health of the Asian American community.
Dr. Wang is an affiliated faculty member of the MGH Center for Cross-Cultural Student Emotional Wellness.
Here’s a list of resources in the community for those that need more information or help:
- Safe Walks
- Asian American Foundation Safety Resources
- Learn how to talk to your child about racism.
- Learn about non-violent communication together with your children. Techniques to de-escalate things, improve communication and promote equality.
- Write an essay or sit down to talk about kids’ reactions to what’s going on in the news. Using an emotional color wheel to facilitate the discussion and encourage children to express their feelings. This helps to increase their emotional vocabulary.
- Donate a home delivery meal to the Asian American elderly.